Wills, Estates and Trusts Law – What Do I Need To Know About A Health Care Proxy?
- A healthcare proxy is someone that you designate to act on your behalf in regards to your healthcare.
- This is an important decision to make because you are literally giving someone else power over your life.
- They will be the major decision maker as to how you will be treated in the event that you are incapacitated and you can’t make those decisions yourself.
- If you don’t have healthcare proxy then your family could end up in a long legal battle.
- People should know that they have a say in what is going to happen to them towards the end of their life.
This short informational estate planning video was provided by Nicholas Mattia, an experienced Jackson Heights Estate Planning Lawyer.