Landlord Tenant Law – I’m Considering Buying A House But There Is A Tenant Occupying A Lease
- You step into the shoes of the owner when you take over the house; you now become the landlord.
- If the seller had a problem tenant, now you inherit their problem tenant.
- It is important that your contract discusses whether the seller is going to deliver that house occupied or vacant.
- In New York City, getting tenants out is not easy and could be very time consuming.
- If the tenant already has a lease, you are now obligated to take over that lease.
This short informational landlord, tenant law video was provided by Arnold Drucker, an experienced Jackson Heights Landlord Tenant Lawyer.