Divorce Law – Division of Assets in New York
- Division of assets is usually what holds up almost every divorce action from settlement.
- This will decide how your assets will be divided amongst you and who gets what.
- The court will try to divide the assets as fairly as possible.
- There is a big difference between marital assets and individual assets.
- All marital assets are subject to equitable distribution.
- If you are unable reach a resolution, these things will be determined at trial.
This short informational divorce video was provided by Nicholas Mattia, an experienced Jackson Heights Divorce Attorney.