Divorce Law – Child Support In New York
- In New York State, child support is covered by statute; The Child Support Standards Act.
- This gives us the correct presumptive correct amount of child support to be paid depending on the amount of children you have.
- Those percentages are taken from your adjusted gross income.
- The parties are free to reach an agreement that differs from that as long as it is still in the best interest of the child.
- The court can also impute income.
This short informational legal video was provided by Nicholas Mattia, an experienced Jackson Heights, Queens County divorce and family law attorney.